


Our cul-de-sac had its annual 4th of July neighborhood potluck. The now-stateside Crab was King of the Hot Dog Grill. And king of the Watermelon Cutting. And king of the Popsicle (and bun and condiment) Procurement as I signed us up to provide --and I quote-- "Melin Tribute Popsicles". It was pleasant. Tim lasted about an hour. Lucy and Charlie made it two hours. A new record. Jack and Jamie were there from 12:15 to 8:45 p.m., bouncing on a trampoline, participating in picnic games (our parking-issue neighbor apparently was a camp counselor in a past life as he organized the small folk for game after game), and basically, acting like moths around a lantern with regard to a new air hockey table in another neighbor's garage.




With four or five in a given photo, no one looks good in every shot so I'm posting the lot of them. If I were skilled at Photoshopping, perhaps I could create a composite crablet photo...

Thank heavens that the Strategy Sombrero (TM) was available...the Crab strolled up to a crowded cul-de-sac soiree bedecked thusly. It was certainly one way to make an entrance.
(Uncle Michael, I say unto you in the voice you mimic so well: "How embarrassing!)

1 comment:
I don't care WHO you are:
That Charlie looks like my brother William's twin.
Post a Comment