Because I am weary, I will leave out the crabby-pants interaction that I enjoyed at the Hospital Main Lab wherein, after Tim, Lucy and I waited 45 minutes to be called up to even check-in, the unfortunate lab clerk tried to tell me that the lab order expired at Day 120. Not sure what of the tirade that came FLYING out of my mouth actually encouraged the staff to stick him anyway, but it's done...stay tuned (3 weeks from now) when we find out whether we learn anything from the effort. Guess I wasn't THAT weary as this became its own paragraph!
Jack - Week of Teeth.
Monday routine dental appt with new Ped-O at Naval Hospital.
Wednesday fillings galore (same location).
Friday massive appliance placement (top and bottom).
Jack has discovered that pizza is out and soup is IN. Tomato for dinner last night and, shudder, Top Ramen for breakfast this morning.
Jamie - My kingdom for Word Study! He thought that his Scholastic book order would arrive in time to use for this week's book report. (pah!) He thought that his yellow homework folder was not bound by that tricky space/time dimension and that leaving it at school would not impede completing this weekend. Had a routine dental appointment with so much tartar (ICK!) that he has to come back to finish the cleaning. Honest and for true.
Charlie - Another good week in no-kindergarten. Except for the head injury during APE whereupon he bonked his head while using the trampoline. Except for the slight cycling-up that I had to have to convey that ANY incident involving his noggin warrants a phone call to me. Except for some mildly disagreeable words with the APE teacher later about whether ANY children receive APE as 1-1 and whether she should have called me about his fall and whether she should treat him if SHE has a HIGH FEVER (NO, thank you). Except for Friday's cluster**** wherein I called when C wasn't home on the bus on time only to learn the bus had left him and he was just standing outside with his aide waiting for ???? Inspiring confidence at people's ability to 1. tell time and 2. identify large, brightly-colored mass pupil transport vehicles. Geez!
Lucy - Sleeps during the day. Eats and poos all night. Patty Grace has suggested, not BabyWise, but FLASHCARDS. Her hair is lightening as her noggin grows larger. Loves bathtime, especially the shampooing. Started cooing a little today.
Grandma Mary Kay - Highlight of her week was, no doubt, booking her ticket H.O.M.E. (well, for 6 weeks of reprieve). She was grinning for about 3 solid hours when she realized that she didn't have to spend any day in November in San Diego.
Crabbiest Queen - Clinging to sanity overnight by DVD viewing. Almost caught up on Desperate Housewives and Arrested Development and am now embarking on Dirty, Sexy Money, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Life. Very sad commentary on the number of hours I stare at the TV set between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Big excitement was buying Halloween costumes (below) for Lucy's 2008, 2009, and 2010 trick-or-treating as Old Navy's costumes hit fire sale-status. Such a good deal that if she just uses them as dress-up, still worth it.



(Yes, that IS a pink poodle...I may call her "Lola, Baby's Favorite Activity Buddy").

2 comments:
Baby Wise = On Becoming Baby Wise = Beating Kids Gods Way by Mr. and Ms. Ezzo, right?
I mean, Growing Kids God's Way... :)
Post a Comment