During her recent visit, Aunt Patty Cake selected some cheap-and-cheerful (and allegedly color-protecting) shampoo and conditioner (and stuck it in my shopping cart to finance): "Color Me Happy" by Herbal Essences.

Figuring I could benefit from the supposed color-enhancing product and lured by the clever marketing of a buoyant pink bottle with a pick-me-upper name, I've used according to the manufacturer's instructions. (In reality, I paid for these products and they were sitting in my shower so I dutifully and frugally partook).
***Am I the only one who flashes on the 1980's "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo line??
Brilliant marketing in Seventeen magazine c. 1986 but not so brilliant sales results shuffled this product, manufactured by Jergens if memory serves, off to the Philippines.Hence, I'm here with a cautionary tale:
Happy hair is not necessarily in the brunette family. Fellow consumers, do not be deceived by perky bottles in fashion colors. Not that any of you are gray, I warn you: do not succumb to the beyond-gleeful $3.99 price point.
Thinking Color Me Happy (TM) may be available in Manila soon. Or, at the very least, stocked at the PX where the Sand Crab frequents.

1 comment:
Savvy shoppers choose Pantene Color Revival Shampoo. Commissary price -- $3.53 for 15oz.
Post a Comment