Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day Three: A Grim Start

Just know that any household disaster involving the bathroom (specifically, a toilet) and Tim in the same sentence is not to be heralded.

While sparing the odious details, know that it was a Catch-22 dilemma this morning: To Open the Window or To Keep the Window Closed.

If I keep the window shut, I may expire of bleach fumes.
BUT
If I open the window, the neighbors will hear my 7 a.m. ranting at the boys.

Newly-established Household Rule: Specificity is required when alerting the sole adult resident to a pending restroom disaster. (No, Jamie, tapping at my door and saying that the other bathroom is "weird" is neither sufficiently detailed nor adequately alarming).

Parenting lowlight: Shrieking like a banshee. Tied with: Clearly, failing to impart the (was-it-Jennifer-Aniston's-rule?) virtues of limiting one's t.p. use to my sons.

Not an auspicious start to an already electrically-charged Day of Cleaning.

Item #2 to tackle: Charlie's Sty (before the neuro-psych is here to observe his ABA/DTT session).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sheryl Crow endorses the one-square wipage for #2